The COVID-19 vaccination drive is currently underway in India for everyone above 18 years of age. With crores of citizens being vaccinated till date, having a certificate as proof is imperative. Whether you have been vaccinated with just one or both doses, you can download the COVID-19 certificate for the same.
In case you are wondering how to download the COVID vaccine certificate online, we will guide you through the process for the same. Vaccinated individuals can download their certificate using the CoWIN website, Aarogya Setu app, Umang app and Digilocker. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download the vaccine certificate from each of these platforms, and how to making corrections to the certificate in case of errors.
What is a Covid vaccine certificate?
As the name suggests, the COVID vaccine certificate is an official document issued by the Government of India. Once you receive the first dose of the vaccine, you’ll receive a certificate documenting the same as partially vaccinated. Once you get the second dose as well, you’ll receive a fully vaccinated certificate. This certificate is important in the current situation to be able to travel, find accommodation, and more.
What details are printed on Covid vaccine certificate?
The COVID vaccine certificate carries basic details of the vaccine and the person. This includes the name, age, and gender of the individual. Additionally, the certificate also shows all details of vaccination like the vaccine name, time, and date of receiving the dose.
How to download covid vaccine certificate online?
As mentioned before, there are multiple ways to download the COVID vaccine certificate. Whether it’s the provisional certificate after the first dose or the fully vaccinated certificate after the second dose, you can easily download them. Below we are listing the process to download the certificate using WhatsApp, CoWIN, Aarogya Setu, Umang, and Digilocker.
How to download COVID vaccine certificate using WhatsApp?
The government of India has a handy MyGov Corona Helpdesk bot on WhatsApp, which lets users check all information regarding COVID resources conveniently. The same helpline can now be used to download the COVID-19 vaccine certificate easily. Follow the steps below to download vaccine certificate using WhatsApp.
|1. Open your phonebook and save MyGov Corona Helpline number 9013151515|
2. Now, head to WhatsApp and start a new chat with the above contact number
3. You’ll be presented with a comprehensive menu with multiple options
4. Reply with 2 to select Vaccination – Centre, Download Certificate & FAQ
5. Next, reply with 3 to select Download CoWin certificate
6. The bot will then send an OTP to verify the number
7. Reply with the OTP in the chat
If there are more than one individuals registered with the number, you’ll be sent a list of the registered members
Select the number corresponding to the member whose certificate you want to download
You’ll now get a downloadable PDF file of the vaccine certificate
Next, you can reply with a Y to download certificates of other members10
How to download COVID vaccine certificate using CoWIN?
CoWIN is the government web portal that lets you search and book vaccination slot. However, the website also allows users to download vaccine certificates as and when they get vaccinated. Below are the steps to download Covid vaccine certificate from CoWIN portal.
|1. Visit the CoWIN portal|
2. Click on the Register/Sign In yourself button on the top
3. Enter the mobile number with which you are signed up for vaccination
4. Click on Get OTP
5. Complete the OTP verification
6. Look for your name on the dashboard
7. You’ll see the Certificate button under the respective dose
8. Click on the button to download a digital copy of your COVID vaccine certificate
How to download COVID vaccine certificate using Aarogya Setu app
Aarogya Setu is a mobile app developed by the National Informatics Centre under MeitY, which uses contact tracing to let users find out the potential risk of COVID-19 infection and also provides important COVID-19 related information. Not only that, but the app also lets users book vaccination slots and download vaccine certificate. Follow the steps below to download the COVID vaccine certificate from Aarogya Setu
|1. Download the Aarogya Setu app from Play Store or App Store, if you haven’t already|
2. Open the app and enter your registered mobile number
3. Finish the OTP verification to sign in
4. You’ll see Partially Vaccinated or Fully Vaccinated on the home screen depending on whether you have received only the first or both doses
5. Click on the CoWIN tab on the top
6. Click on the Vaccination Certificate option
7. On the next page, enter your 13-digit reference ID (can be found on the CoWIN website or in the SMS for vaccine registration)
8. Click on Get Certificate to download the vaccine certificate
How to download COVID vaccine certificate using Umang app
Umang is another app developed by MeitY that brings all government services under one platform. The app has added CoWIN service to its platform, which means users can download their COVID vaccine certificate as well. Follow the steps below to download the covid vaccine certificate from the Umang app.
|1. Download Umang app from Play Store or App Store|
2. Sign up as a new user using your mobile number
3. Enter your Aadhar number, name, date of birth, gender, and email id to sign up
4. You’ll be taken to the home page of the Umang app post sign up
5. Scroll down to the What’s New section
6. Select Download Vaccination certificate
7. Confirm beneficiary name in the tab
8. Click on Download to get the soft copy of the vaccine certificate
How to download vaccine certificate using Digilocker
Digilocker is another government of India app, which lets users store important documents on the cloud. This app can also be used to download the covid vaccine certificate. Here are the steps to download your vaccine certificate using Digilocker.
|1. Download the Digilocker app from Google Play Store or App Store|
2. Sign up using details like Aadhar number, name, email id, and others
3. Once the registration is complete, you’ll be taken to the home page of the app
4. You’ll see various government resources like UIDAI, IT Department, State Government portals, and more
5. Scroll down to the Health section
6. Click on Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
7. Next, tap on COVID Vaccine Certificate
8. It’ll show your name, date of birth, and gender
9. Enter the 13-digit beneficiary ID that you received after registering for vaccination
Download the certificate
How to share CoWIN vaccine status on social media?
CoWIN now shows Partially Vaccinated or Fully Vaccinated badge next to the user’s name depending on the status. The badge can be seen on the homepage of your profile after you log in using your name and, phone number, and OTP. The badge can also be shared on various social media handles to share your vaccination status with your circle and encourage everyone in your circle to follow the suit. Below are the steps to see your CoWIN vaccination badge and share it on your social media.
|1. Head to the official CoWIN Know Your Status portal|
2. Enter your registered mobile number and full name
3. Complete OTP verification
4. You should now be able to see your CoWIN vaccination badge
5. Click on Share vaccination status in your social circle button
6. You’ll get a link to copy and paste in your social media pages
7. You can also click on Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp, and Facebook buttons to share directly
CoWIN has introduces a new method to verify certificates online on its website. If you take a look at your vaccine certificate, you will notice QR code on it. This QR code is used by the website to verify the authenticity of the certificate. The feature is powered by DIVOC.xiv.in but can be accessed from the CoWIN website. Follow the steps below to verify your COVID-19 vaccine certificate now.
- Go to the official CoWIN website
- Click on the VERIFY CERTIFICATE
- Or, you can directly go to Verify Portal
- Click on the Scan QR code button on the top
- Allow access to your device’s camera
- Point the camera to the QR code in the bottom right corner of the certificate
- Once the QR code is scanned, users will get a message saying Certificate Successfully Verified
- The page will show all details like name, age, gender, certificate id, beneficiary id, vaccine name, date of dose, vaccination status, and vaccination at
- In case the certificate is not genuine, you’ll get a Certificate Invalid message
How to merge multiple Dose 1 vaccine certificates?
CoWIN has introduced a new merge certificate feature for those who have received multiple provisional certificates for the first dose. This happens when the certificate is generated through different accounts. Here’s how you can merge multiple certificates to get one final vaccination certificate.
1. Go to the official CoWIN website
2. Complete OTP verification to log in
3. Click on the Raise Issue button on top
4. Select Merge my multiple dose #1 certificates to get final vaccination certificate
5. On the next page, select member
6. Provide vaccination details
7. Check the terms and conditions box
8. Click on Submit Request
How to make corrections in vaccine certificate online?
Aarogya Setu’s official Twitter handle recently announced that users can now make corrections to their name, date of birth, and gender on their vaccine certificates. This is helpful for those who made a mistake while registering and realised later. Here’s how you can correct details on your vaccine certificate online.
|Step 1. Visit the CoWIN portal|
Step 2. Click on the Register/Sign In yourself button on the top
Step 3. Enter the mobile number with which you are signed up for vaccination
Step 4. Click on Get OTP
Step 5. Complete the OTP verification
Step 6. You’ll see a Raise an Issue button in the top right corner, click on it
Step 7. Now, you’ll get the option for Correction in the vaccine certificate
Step 8. Select the member whose vaccine certificate needs correction and click on Correction in certificate
Step 9. You’ll be given the option to change Name, Year of Birth, Gender, Photo ID number
Step 10. Bear in mind, you can only change any two fields and these changes are allowed only once
Step 11. Select the field you want to change and carefully enter the detail
Step 12. Click on Continue
Step 13. You’ll be shown a verification tab reflecting the correction made
If you’re satisfied with the corrections, click on Submit
How to download International Travel Certificate on CoWIN?
covid vaccine certificate, CoWIN now lets’ users download the International Travel Certificate, which is basically the international version of the vaccine certificate. Basically, the certificate complies with WHO’s international travel guidelines and digital documentation of COVID-19 certificates vaccination status data dictionary. Here’s how to download CoWIN International Travel Certificate.
|1. Visit the official CoWIN portal|
2. Login with OTP verification
3. You’ll see a new International Travel Certificate option next to the Certificate option
4. Click on the button to download your WHO-compliant certificate
5. The certificate will show your date of birth, number of doses, vaccine name, type, manufacturer, number and dates of doses, and dose batch numbers
How to link passport with COVID-19 certificate online?
In order to travel abroad, Indian passengers need to link their passports with the COVID-19 certificate. Without a COVID-19 certificate-linked passport, passengers will not be allowed to travel anywhere. The process to link your passport to the vaccine certificate is pretty simple. Below are the steps to link your vaccine certificate to your passport.
Visit the official CoWIN portal
Login with OTP verification and go to Account Details
Click on the Raise Issue button
You’ll see Certificate Correction, Merge Multiple Dose 1 Certificates and Add Passport Details
Click on Add Passport Details
Select the name from the drop-down menu
Enter passport number in the Enter Beneficiary’s Passport Number section
Tick the box next to I declare that this passport belongs to the beneficiary. The name of the passport holder is the same as mentioned on the vaccine certificate
Click on the Submit Request button
You’ll get an SMS confirming that your passport link request has been submitted
Go back to the Account Details section
Click on the Certificate button next to your name to download your new passport-linked COVID vaccine certificate
COVID vaccine certificate FAQs
What is the beneficiary ID or reference number?
The beneficiary ID or reference number is a 13-digit unique code assigned to you when you register for the vaccine. This number is required to download the certificate and identify yourself as the registered user on apps like Digilocker and Aarogya Setu. You’ll receive this number through SMS once you register for the vaccine and get vaccinated. You can also check your beneficiary ID on CoWIN website after logging in.
Who is responsible for providing the vaccination certificate?
The vaccination center is responsible for generating the certificate and providing a printed copy after the vaccination on the same day. While government hospitals give it free of charge, in private hospitals the printing charge is included in the vaccine price.
Where can I download vaccination certificate from?
Covid vaccine Certificate, CoWIN, Aarogya Setu, Umang, and DigiLocker are all good places to get your vaccination certificate. Aside from these options, you can also get the certificate via WhatsApp or Paytm.